Friday, February 4, 2011

Christmas, Organization, Homemade Bread, School, Etc

It has been kinda crazy the past little while. He had a very quiet, wonderful Christmas. We went to see to the Christmas lights at the DC Temple which was beautiful and Christmas day we watch the boys go crazy over all their new superhero action figures, Star Wars memorbilia, swords and of course books and movies. I love watching their faces light up when they have gotten something they have been asking for for months. Now we are on a toy fast and Roan will not except this... Everytime we go to get milk he thinks we are going to buy him another toy, I'm starting to go batty.

The past few weeks I read through all 7 Harry Potters and enjoyed them completely so naturally I had to go get the movies and watch them all as well. Now Ash is starting the series so it is naturally one of the few things we talk about... I am quized hourly about the different characters and situations they find themselves in, he really gets us into deep conversations.

We finally got furniture for the classroom (thanks moms and dads, this is what you helped us get for Christmas). It took forever to get it but luckily only a short time to put it together and get it ready to use. The boys of course were very helpful. I feel like I can function now and we love being in this room (we spend more time here then anywhere else). Plus, I have a place to sit ,which is wonderful. We even extra seating so we can have friends over for dinner finally!!

Speaking of dinner, I have been teaching myself, with helpful tips from friends and family, how to make bread so that I don't have to experiment on the family when that's all we have to eat. I finally got it to turn out perfect on the third batch I made... Now I no longer buy bread!!!!

We have been getting plenty of snow so we have been sledding with friends when the boys aren't sick and shoveling 5 different driveways (I get my service in and get to know the neighbors at the same time). We are also part of a date night group where we take turns watching others kids and getting out of the house. Once a month a watch 7 kids and twice a month I get to go out with Chris or with myself when he is gone. What a life saver....




Christmas morning...







Putting together the classroom!





The finished product...LOVE IT!





















Third try is charm... it was so delicious!









Ash in his element!










Roan in his...this is what he does while I am helping Ash with his work (this has never been worn by anyone but Roan) This wonderful device allows him to be many things in the land of Roan.











Everything has to be some sort of game for this one to want to learn. He would only pay attention to the ABC's if we somehow made them fly like one of the things in Star Wars.


You have to love your children...they are painfully honest, they test your sanity, they make you cry but also laugh and remind you what it was like to be a child again. So to wrap up, here are some of the few things they have said to make me feel all the above.
Ro- This will give me the power of my Batman strength.
Ash- On the outside I'm a handsome young boy, but on the inside I'm a SUPERHERO.
Ash- I don't want to start school yet.
Ro- I don't want to practice my numbers.
Ro- Mallets are boy hammers.
Both- I don't like you, your not nice to me.
Both (especially Ash)- What......What did you say..........What.
Ash- I'm not picking my nose. I didn't wet my pants.
Ro- I don't need to go potty.... Now I do.
Ro- I love you.
Ash- I like you Mom.
Ash- Mom he's touching me.
Ro- Mom he yelled in my ear.
Ro- I'm pretty awesome...cause I can pretend I'm things.
Both- Thank you....
And when both are asleep I fall into the couch and go AWWWWW.








3 comments:

Claudia said...

Corie! I love the furniture in your school room! It looks GREAT! I love it! Neat and sleek! Congrats!...
Good to hear from you and the kids! The Harry Potter Series are really good. LeAnn has read all 7 books and she loved them!. Nate does too. I only read the first and half the second. But I will finish them someday. I am working on a different series now, The secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (the Alchemist) It's a series of 4 books, they are really good!.
The girls are going to be sending Ash and Roan some Valentines next week, so you'll be getting them soon. We have some videos of Maximo and the girls as well posted on my Facebook page, that's where I have been posting all new pictures and videos of our family, so hopefully you can check them out too!. Well, it was nice to hear from you. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Claudia

Chris said...

I love the school room and the boys are getting so big I can hardly wait to see them in April!
Love Mom

WeJuLaar said...

There is a Whole Grain Breads cookbook (Ojakangas) with wonderful instructions and lots of bread variety. We've been loving it for a year and she has it set up with instructions for however you want to mix or bake the bread. It is available in UT, probably over the internet to.