Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

We would like to wish all are Mother's out there a very wonderful Mother's Day and let you know what a difference you have made in our lives for good. If it weren't for you we wouldn't be in the wonderful place we are today. Thank you for all your love and support!

I am also very sorry for not being on the ball with my blog but life has really gotten crazy. Ash turned 8 so we had a baptizm going on and our parents visiting from across the country which was a ton of fun and a wonderful experience for which I had no good pictures because my camera was being extra special that couple of weeks (go figure). Ash has also started Cub Scouts and got second place in the Pinewood Derby on his first try, no complaining here! Homeschool is ALWAYS a challenge and tests my sanity expecially Roan who refuses to even try to learn his alphabet mostly because his ADHD will NOT allow him to sit still and focus longer then 3 seconds.... he bounces off the walls all day long. The reward though, is that he tells you he loves about every 10 seconds because he knows he is doing something or about to do something that he knows will get him trouble so he he says 'I love you Mom' really fast to give himself a little cushion!
The Lord apparently thinks I can handle a lot more on my plate so I was called to be the Primary 1st Counselor AND the Ward Cub Scout Committee Chair plus Chris got a calling to be the Ward Emergency Preparedness Cooridnator so all who know him know that I have to help keep him organized and going.... There is not a moment that I can sit down and just go into my nothing box. I told Chris that if I had to take on anything else my brain was going to send off SOS flares.

Here's the one picture I got from Ash's baptism which is wanting... But it was a wonderful day, Ash has such a strong testimony and has no fear of sharing it. He talks all the time about feeling the spirit and how good it makes him feel. He shared his testimony the day after at church and summed it up pretty well when he talked about how he didn't like the water and whatnot and said 'it made my underwear all soggy and I didn't like it but I know I had made the right choice and know Heavenly Father is proud of me'. Life is like that, it may not be comfortable or fun most of the time but as long as we are following our Heavenly Fathers plan everything will be okay because we have made that right choice and he is proud if us. I am very proud of Ash as well and love him and his righteous desires, he is a very good example to me and teaches me how to be more sensitive to spirit all the time.

























Here is his Pinewood Derby winnings, he was a little put out that he didn't get first place because everyone was telling him he probably did because he won every race he was in. But alas he got second and finally decided that would be okay because he knew he did the best he could. (Do you love how he can lick his nose like a cow...and in public no less!) And he is super sharp in the uniform!!



















I am going to have some much needed quiet time since the boys are in bed...scratch that Roan just started haulering for me.


Have a wonderful night and wish me luck.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: