Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Summer Has Flown By...

I can't believe I let this get this backed up so in order to get it done I'm going to give you a list with pictures starting with the most recent:

Mom came down for a few days and we went to the Zoo of course and to Silver Lake which is now a weekly tradition.  Our first trip to Silver Lake we got a really good look at the squirrels, they would practically eat right out of your hands. It was so beautiful and much cooler on these hot summer days but Ash noticed garbage laying around so now when we go we take a bag and the grabber and "make the world prettier and more green"!


We also had our annual trip up to Broadhead Meadows in the Uinta's. It was so gorgeous it was nice and cool but not cold at night, you couldn't ask for better weather. But the mosquito's ate us all alive, Ash had the trots and Roan threw up on the last day. It was definitely a year to remember because Roan stayed in camp this year and the boys were never really a part of the girly squabbles, so at least it wasn't my kid screaming half the time. We had a woodpecker nest in camp this year that kept the kids entertained, its amazing to me how perfectly round the hole is and the kids also loved the water. Ash and Roan played in it for about an hour, I could only put my feet in it for about 3 seconds since it felt like it came straight off an iceberg! I hope you enjoy these pics.



Both Ash and Roan have picked up cooking since their Dad has been gone.  Ash figured out this little talent a few months ago at Grandma and Grandpa Mabey's, but Roan has just got the bug. He decided he wanted to help me cut onions, his eyes didn't water or anything (you'll notice he is only using a butter knife).


Courtney went to Mom and Dad's a few weeks ago so we ran up there as well so all the cousins could play and we had a blast. We went fishing at Derky's and saw Shoshone Falls (that was beautiful), we had our traditional wienie roast in the backyard and all the cousins wrestled with uncle Paden. Roan saw Great Grandpa Hepworth out on the swing and went out and actually had a conversation with him. It was so cute to see him remember and want to just go visit like that he is usually kind of shy at first. Roan also demonstrated that lemons have no effect on him whatsoever, he ate the rind and all!!!



Finally, for tonight, we go to a park at least once a day, sometimes twice, but when I can't get to one we pull out the pool and sprinkler and make our own fun!

I hope you have enjoyed our summer so far and we hope you have a great one as well!

1 comment:

Cristie said...

Corie, I loved reading about your summer. You are amazing at taking care of everything and keeping a great attitude. What cute kids you have- I love how real everything is in your life. Love you.