Monday, February 8, 2010

No School All Week!

MMMM...GOOD
They are taking their job very seriously (notice Roan's tongue)...

Well I got a call from Loudoun County Public School system today and they have cancelled school for the rest of the week... I guess we are suppose to get another 5 inches and they can't get their 770 buses out. Plus there are no sidewalks shoveled anywhere so kids that walk can't do it safely and most streets are just single lane traffic which is a big no no for the buses. Now I have to figure out fun activites for the rest of the week while we are stuck inside because the jeep sucks on these roads and Chris has the car. I think we might build another snow man in the backyard tomorrow since the one in the frontyard in buried under about 7 ft of snow! But today we kept busy, I patched all the holes in the walls (I can only imagine how much crap they hung up everywhere, and in the weirdest places too). Chris said that the lady who lived here was TRYING to be creative but since she was lacking she made up for it with VOLUME. We also had FHE and made Thumbprint cookies (which cannot be shared with anyone outside this house because there was a whole lot of finger lickin'). But they look pretty good, they taste pretty good too, Chris better get home and eat them before I do cause then I'll have to take several extra trips up the stairs:). Oh well, I guess you have to enjoy life while you can, I hope you are enjoying yours.

2 comments:

candace said...

oh! so much fun!

Cristie said...

Love reading about your family! Looks like you are busy getting settled in and you have some busy times ahead. Good luck with your painting.