Monday, August 2, 2010

Why can' there be more than 24 hours in a day?

I would love to have just a few more, that's all I'm asking and I would use it wisely...I would sleep!

To start out my camera crapped out on me so it is with the Geek Squad for 10-20 days which means I can't download all the pictures I had and I have to use my old one for all the things coming up...cuss! Just so I don't get completely out of the habit I will still post but you have to put up with my rantings without the cute pics, sorry.

We have been having fun and have had some interesting things going on. We had a huge storm the other day that took shingles and siding off of the townhomes across the street. It made me feel confident because our older townhome is apparently built better, yahhh, it also took down a lot of trees everywhere. Then a couple days later the power went out for several hours for no apparent reason and it was widespread, most business' closed for the rest of the day. And the earthquake we had a couple weeks ago made our house settle different because our floors squeak in a lot of new places but some of the old squeaks are gone... I guess you win some you lose some. We have all the colors except tan on our walls, wahoo! Of course that just means the hardest part is left, the halls, bathrooms, and of course the stairwell from heck. But we have people in our ward that have tall enough ladders that we can borrow!

We have hit some milestones we weren't sure we would ever hit with the boys. They will put their heads under the water for a few seconds in the pool!!!! And now they take showers instead of baths because they like the water on their heads. I'm just glad they don't scream at me anymore when I try to rinse them so I am all for this change!

Well, are you ready for the things that come out of children's mouths? I hope so cause I have a few! For starters they have been giving themselves new nicknames or in Ash's case he isn't Ash anymore he would like to be known as Tom...but here are the nicknames:
Roan--Kung Fu Meatball (comes with pose) or Harris (from the book Harris and Me) You all need to read that book it is by Gary Paulsen, you will laugh until you wet yourself especially if you grew up on or near a farm. I have seen or been part of the very same antics that go on in this books, it really hit home for me, it even made Chris laugh out loud (and that is really something).
Ash--T-Rex Man (self explanatory) or The Fantastic Mr. Ash (comes from the Fantastic Mr. Fox movie)
Things aren't usually to dull in our house so here are the things Roan has said to make us laugh or as I like to call them 'Roanisms'. Roan has started copying Ash when he says "You've ruined my day". So the other day we were checking out at the grocery store and Roan started kicking me really hard while he was sitting in the cart and wouldn't stop so I flicked him in the forehead after I warned him a couple times that it was coming and he shouted out "You've just ruined my day!", Chris and I just stood there laughing when he noticed the candy just out of reach. He looked at me with his mischievous smile and said "That candy will fix my day!" He just got more laughs and a "nice try bud". The other Roanism came when we went swimming last and him and Ash where taking turns going down a little slide when a couple little girls joined them. Well one of the girls was not so little I am not quite sure what they feed her, but Roan noticed this and and was watching her very carefully as she got up to take her turn on the slide and when she finally got down Roan looked at me and said "I didn't think she would fit, but she did!" You can imagine I laughed for a while after that one. Well that's all for now off the top of my head but I let you know as more come.

We finally got a taker on the old cussin jeep. Our neighbor has a friend who is going to buy it!!! One less thing for me to worry about, sweet! We haven't had any other big news items here just keeping busy with boys, homeschooling, church callings, etc. But we are all happy and healthy and you can't ask for much then that right... We hope you all are doing happy and healthy too!

1 comment:

Maren said...

Those are some great nicknames!