Monday, August 23, 2010

A Walk on a Beautifully Cool Summer Day

Homeschool wasn't going smoothly at all today and it was so beautiful and cool out that I decided to take the kids out for a little hike back to the place we went on the first day of spring. It was a lot greener this time and A LOT less muddy and the river was lower by several feet.

This is Redrock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park...

The boys had there Adventure Bag of course so we had sample bags that you can see them carrying and filling... I really don't know what to do with several dozen crumbly leaves and acorns of various shapes and sizes. I do think the Squirrels are going to suffer this winter though with their stashes severally decreased.

I also hope you are all very jealous of all the green we get to enjoy, you see all that shade, it was wonderful and I really tried to enjoy it for all of you I promise!


Yes, this is exactly what you think it is...it is the beginning the the change. I could not believe how bright these few leaves were but maybe it is just because everything else around it was so green. I am so excited for fall...


The boys are walking were we couldn't last time because this was under water before...



The Potomac River




Another part that was under water before.





Ash begged me to take a picture of the this tree, I'm not quite sure why. But it sure makes him look small doesn't it.






This tree is really cool, it hangs right over the water. This is as far out as I would let them go because I wasn't in the mood to swim but man they tried their luck.







Over all it ended up being a very good day especially after they went to bed and I could finally get things done like this.

1 comment:

candace said...

oh I loved that picture of the red leaves peaking out! how fun! You are such an amazing mom, Corie!!