Friday, July 16, 2010

Aarggg

Well we have been hanging out at the Library again, mostly because it is really too hot to be at the park running around. But also because they have had some really fun things going on. The first one we went to on Tuesday was the 'Didgeridoo Down Under'. It was really fascinating to here the music of a Didgeridoo or 'Didge' for short. I can't remember the gentleman's name now but he has quite the collection and he has made them all himself and has learned how the play from the Aboriginals, which is what he calls them because they are the 'Original' people in Australia. We learned some cool facts, how to dance and sing like the various animals there and of course learned a lot about the music.




On Thursday we went to see the play 'Pirates of the Chesapeake'. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, it was much better. There were two guys acting out several parts and had us all laughing. But they also had a message about taking care of our environment because it all ends up in the ocean which is why so many things in the ocean are dieing. I absolutely love it when they make things that are fun educational as well, we tend to remember it better! Oh did I mention that they also taught us how to dance like a pirate...? No, well we are pros, and man we look mighty special. So as a matter of introduction this is 'Captain Red Beard the Pirate'.



"Ash's Thoughts"
Oh, so did mom mention that we thought it would be a information thingy? Well, I thought so. But Roan thought it was a puppet show. So did Dad. But it was a funny play (or costume show).
It was hilarious.

1 comment:

Cristie said...

Corie, I just love reading your posts! I can't believe your adventures. Some day it'll make a great best seller.