Friday, July 2, 2010

TICKS

Roan had 2 Ticks in his hair this morning that were attached but luckily were not burrowed in yet. Chris still had to tug at it to get it out though, just thinking about it give my the hibby jibbies. To top it off Ash has bug bites everywhere. They have these biting Nats that swarm on anything warmblooded and slightly sweet smelling, so naturally the boys are screwed. That is one of the few things I could do without living here, they are very persistent and there sheer numbers are overwhelming even to the manliest man. I have seen grown men run screaming for cover because of Nats! I wonder what the 4th will bring...hopefully nothing I can't live with. Speaking of the 4th they have a lot of things going on. The Ward has their breakfast on Saturday then Sunday we have the parade in the afternoon which is wonderful so we can go. They shutdown the historic district and you walk all over town to see things and watch the parade, then the fireworks are out at Ida Lee which I am not going to attempt. Mostly because I don't want to fight traffic and I don't know any cool parking spots or sneaky ways to get around everything. But also because I have a wonderful VT who invited us to her house, she lives close to the golf course I guess and you can see the show from there, plus half the town goes there to light off their own personal fireworks so you get loads of entertainment. Lots of pretty lights, loud sounds and perhaps some 'classy' folks to drunk to light the fireworks and instead light their pants on fire...and all this for free! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

No comments: