Apparently not, at least when you have children. Ash is the Master of the schoolroom as much as I would like to say I am, notice how spread out he is and this is mild. If you look closely you can see most of what he requires: A basket with basic art supplies, Sketch book, Journal, Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide (other fanciful creature books work as well), Calvin and Hobbs comics, and of course you can't forget the Dinosaur related paraphernalia. This is what Ash does all day long unless I drag him away to do something else. I almost forgot, you like his chair...it helps him concentrate because it gives his ADD mind something else to fidget with (a recent discovery that has made life a whole easier)!
I can't even have the kitchen as my domain. Nothing is sacred, Roan will find a way to get to it and is always sneaking into something. I stepped out of the kitchen today for about 30 seconds to get into my tiny 2nd pantry in the hall (you gotta love townhomes) and saw this so I got a picture before he knew I was there (which is miracle in its own right). But you gotta admit it was definitely worth the sprint across the house in heels that just about killed me...
This was Roan's other picture of the day that I couldn't pass up...I hope the rest of you are thinking 'Risky Business' as well. And trust me he is risky business...
I think I have mentioned before that Roan has a little girl friend... but last Sunday I think they made it official. Apparently Roan and Ava were kissing all through class. We are pretty good friends with her family so Karen told about the discussion that went on between her and Ava later that day.
Karen: Ava, when are you aloud to kiss boys?
Ava: Not till after they get back from their mission.
Karen: So are you suppose to be kissing Roan?
Ava: Okay, I'll not kiss Roan until after he gets back from his mission!
Notice she didn't generalize it, she really wants Roan! It's a good thing they are so dang cute.
This Bill Wellington who does everything 'folk music' and also writes poetry, so they had him at the library yesterday for a program. Part of the program was reading aloud other poems that kids here submitted based on "Roses Are Red". Ash and Roan both submitted one and they were read out load to the group!!
Here are the poems that the boys are proud of:
Ash
Roses are red,
Blossoms are pink;
A black and white Opossum,
Can make a big stink.
Roses are red,
Lilies are yellow;
That awful smell,
Could sure kill a fellow.
Roses are red,
Poppies are purple;
That's why my favorite animal,
Is a Crocodurple!
Roan
Roses are red,
Flowers change color,
Crocodile red.
Roan is particularly proud of his, he recites it at least once a day...
For the finale (partially because Roan is crying in bed cause he wouldn't eat and had to go to bed early tonight) here is the tree in our complex out front that should turn a bright red this fall. I will be taking pictures of it often to show you the changes. This first picture its hard to see but the tips of the leaves are already turning!!
Well see ya later Crocodurples...okay so it didn't work out well, fine, see ya later Alligators!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeh, I'll say "Risky Business"!HAHA! Is that a ball Ash is sitting on? Over at Dr. Lamberts office in Gooding(We went there once a month to do patients) he had these balls on wheels for chairs. They were actualy quite comfortable. Love Mom
What great pictures! You must have your camera in your back pocket to get such perfect shots. You're amazing to do what you do and keep your cool :)
Post a Comment