This tree across the street is apparently in a bigger hurry for Fall then the rest but it sure made it feel more like Fall! I love the smell the of Fall and the sounds and of course the cooling temperatures. It is by far our favorite time of the year, we seem to perk up, do a little more and BE a little more.
Some of the things we have been doing are of course Home School but also going through clothing and getting everything ready for winter which is sad and exciting at the same time. Of course I am a minimalist so that is the exciting part (getting rid of crap we don't need) but it was sad for me to see the boys grow out of some really cool stuff like these Frog Boots of Roans. Someone is going to be the lucky winner of these cute babies...
We spend a lot of time reading and drawing when we are not Home Schooling or out in the great outdoors experiencing all the learning. Ash has just finished the Spiderwick Chronicles and Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles and is now reading Muddle Earth (that is spelled right, it is making fun of Middle Earth) so he is really into Goblins and Trolls, etc, etc, etc.... So now we draw a lot of Goblins and Trolls, etc, etc ,etc... Here are a few of the latest creations with help from Dad.
This is Ash's idea of a Goblin- just like Spiderwick.

This is Dad's idea of a Goblin- more traditional if you can call Goblins traditional.
This is a freaky monster Ash came up with, if your thinking it's a little disturbing its all right we agree with you. He is not convinced of the fact though...but the art is great. I personally like the crazy eyes and the nose and of course his attention to detail, notice he is kind of grimy and furry in places. He has titled this one "The M.M.M." or "The Most Monstrous Monster" and I will not argue with that statement, I certainly wouldn't want to run into it!
We have an exciting day tomorrow as well. There is a Dad in Lovettsville that teaches PE for any Home School kids that want to come for free. So I am going to caravan with 2 other moms in the ward that Home School as well, we'll see how it goes!! We also have a field trip planned into DC with the same families in a couple weeks. It is such a blessing to have families in the ward that Home School as well and I get along with them too...
The only other interesting or exciting thing (if you can call it that) that has happened was going into DC to meet a friend of Chris' that he went through training with and hasn't seen since then. He was so cool, a real smart a**, just my type of friend. We had a really good time until we got back to the Jeep and found a $100 parking ticket on the window....what the cuss. At least now we know where the Police Dept makes all their money, Holy Crow. They did give us 60 days to pay up though, I thought that was very considerate of them...
I think that just about covers it, I know I will think of something when I lay down tonight but that's just to bad you'll have to wait until I can get to the computer again...HAHAHA!


1 comment:
heanciLike the drawings!! i love your blogg makes me atleast feel like I'm not missing out that much seeing you guys. Well, maybe makes me miss you more really. Love mom
Post a Comment