Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 4: Smithsonian Natural History Museum & The National Mall

Well, we have now made it to the Natural History Museum. This is the first thing you see when you walk into the museum, this elephant is the biggest one I have ever seen. Actually I should go back a second. This isn't actually the first thing you see when you go in, you have to go through security first, sorry I missed that!


















How can you pass this by without getting a picture of it. Ash was so excited to see this because he loves Dinosaurs and anything prehistoric. So if your not sure what it is, this is the jaws of a Meglodon (its a giant great white shark basically). And boy am I glad this thing is extinct!


















This is a life size Wright Whale, a pretty awesome sight.



















A preserved Giant Squid, it's about 30 feet long!























T-REX!!!!

"Ash's Thoughts"

It was SO amazing that I got to see my favorite dinosaur for the first time! (THAT, I remember).



















The original Smithsonian Museum, it is now museum offices, they call it the Castle. And of course we can't forget the guys!



















I absolutely love this picture, every once in a while I get lucky and come across a treasure like this one that I actually catch on film! It looks like it's glowing...
























Ash decided he needed to take a break.






















Of course boys will be boys, how can you pass up a hill that is perfect for rolling down. Especially when it is freshly mowed with grass clippings everywhere and your super sticky from sweat and all the crap you have spilled down your front all day, and don't forget the Nat's to top it off. This made the rest of the day a real joy!


















The Korean Memorial...























































The last stop before we head out to the White House and then off the figure out where in the crap we parked. The WWII Memorial was perfect for that. This at least cleaned off some of the stuff the boys had accumulates on themselves even though there were signs everywhere to not wade in the water. But rules were made to be broken right? I don't think anyone would have got close enough to say anything though because that would mean they would see that crazed look in our eyes and would fear that they might burst into flames!



AND WHAT DO YA KNOW THIS #$^%^&* COMPUTER DELETED YET ANOTHER PICTURE! SORRY, PICTURE US ALL THERE...























































































This is a picture of the end of a super fun exhausting day!




















Family pictures at the White House



































Check out the next blog to see Day 5!









1 comment:

Claudia said...

Corie!! THANKS for sharing ALL those awesome pictures!!! it is so much fun just to see the boys and you guys having fun! I'd love to see some of those places! The boys look VERY VERY HANDSOME!! Ethan looks SO adorable too! I'd love to visit the NATURAL History Museum someday! When I visit my family in PA maybe We can go up and see you for a day. Although, that won't be until at least 2012, since next year they are ALL coming to Utah, and we'll drive to CA to a Disneyland family reunion. Thanks again for sharing those beautiful moments! we are so happy for you all!. I hope also that the boys liked the presents I sent them!
PS: You look terrific! and so does Chris! truly he looks fit and strong! Way to go! Love from Kaysville!
Claudia, Nate,LeAnn,Amanda & Máximo