It is moments like this that make it worth it and reminds me why I'm doing it. But still I question my sanity.
For example, the other day they were being royal turds and I about snapped. So in order to gain control I locked myself in my room and told them I wasn't coming out until dad came home. But Roan sat outside crying till he was about asleep so I dragged him in and we took a little nap. Yet another moment that makes all the frustration worth it...
"Ash's Thoughts"
And I just wanted to say, I saw this when I was going to check on mom. At first I thought mom was asleep when she looked at me.
Here is another reason why I keep pluggin along...there was a pile of notes on the floor and a bunch taped to the door from Ash saying how sorry he was and that he loved me and that he would never do it again (but of course it happened again later that day).
"Ash's thoughts"
I was thinking harder than I could trying to give mom things that she'd like and likes.
Isn't he wonderful, I just love my emotional rollercoaster!
This is from this morning...Ash was looking for a particular picture in his portfolio and instead of asking for help he just dumped the whole thing out (this is after it was pushed into a pile). So much for my organization.
"Ash's Thoughts"
The picture was a t-rex head copied from Calvin and Hobbes and I wanted to add something.
Also from this morning...this is real maple syrup that is NOT cheap and a little goes a long way. Keep looking and you will see how long Ash got it to go...
This is at least $10 worth of syrup and it was running off the plate onto the table then onto the
rug below...
"Ash's Thoughts"
I made a big mess because I've never done it before and I tipped it a little to much.
So as we are trying to clean up the mess and Ash keeps sticking his fingers in it and licking them and trying to stir it around????? So Chris tells him multiple times to stop which naturally gets no response so he pulls out his "cop voice" which always scares the crap out of everyone. Naturally Ash runs upstairs screaming about how this is the worst day of his life and Roan breaks down sobbing. We're both standing there like idiots when Chris starts laughing and quotes a line from The Christmas Story, "Dad's going to kill Ralphy". This definitely broke the tension and has been added to our list of "What Life is Like in the Hill Household".
1 comment:
That's FUNNY!
Post a Comment